- Christadelphians believe the greatest sign given to our generation, that God is still working out His plan of salvation for the earth, is the restoration of the nation of Israel, which took place in this 20th century. It was prophesied by the Scriptures:
- JER 30:10,11 Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid. For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.
The history of Israel is one of disobedience and rebellion which culminated with the crucifixion of their Messiah. God will not restore Israel for the sake of these men, but for the sake of their fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God promised Israel that though He made an end of all the nations where He has scattered them (and He did, ending forever the nation of the Babylonians), yet He would not make a full end of Israel.
- The regathering of the Jewish people upon the mountains of Israel was prophesied by God; and their continuation is guaranteed by God in the prophets. At the time of Christ's return, the nations will all come together to do battle against each other (and against Israel) in the land of Israel. Israel will again be taken.
- ZEC 14:1-2 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
- Then will Christ and the Saints go forth to secure Israel, and to begin the Kingdom of God.
- ZEC 14:3-5 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
Therefore Christadelphians believe:
XXII.--That this restoration of the Kingdom again to Israel will involve the ingathering of God's chosen but scattered nation, the Jews; their reinstatement in the land of their fathers, when it shall have been reclaimed from "the desolation of many generations"; the building again of Jerusalem to become "the throne of the Lord: and the metropolis of the whole earth.