THERE IS ONE GOD
- Christadelphians believe that there is only one God. Jesus testified that this was the greatest commandment of all.
- MAR 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
- Jesus was quoting the Law of Moses which stated:
- DEU 6:4-5 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
- Therefore, the Christadelphian Statement of Faith reads:
- I.--That the only true God is He who was revealed to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, by angelic visitation and vision, and to Moses at the flaming bush (unconsumed) and at Sinai, and who manifested Himself in the Lord Jesus Christ, as the supreme self existent Deity, the ONE FATHER, dwelling in unapproachable light, yet everywhere present by His Spirit, which is a unity with His person in heaven. He hath, out of His own underived energy, created heaven and earth, and all that in them is.
From the very beginning of creation, God had a plan by which He would call a righteous group of individuals out of the countless millions of people who would be born on earth. It was God's intention to be manifested (exhibited) in a multitude of chosen men and women who would live their lives in harmony with His principles. In order for this to happen, He needed to exhibit Himself and His plan to mankind that those who desired to be among the faithful could learn His plan and His character, to model their own lives in His example. This He did through the history of Israel, recorded through the Holy Spirit in the Bible.
The ultimate exhibition of God's character came in His son Jesus, the specially prepared man who could deliver his people in harmony with God's plan.